“The Final Encore”
Overview“The Final Encore” is the theme for this year’s annual Día de los Muertos exhibition designed to showcase artists in our community through altars and art work. The exhibition hopes to highlight work that is reflective of the theme of giving our deceased loved ones a final encore, a celebration of all that they represent.
Exhibition TimelineSubmission deadline: Friday, October 14, 2016 by 5 p.m. Not a postmark deadline Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptance: Saturday, October 15, 2016 (by email)
Delivery of artwork: Tuesday, October 18- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10 am to 5 pm
Exhibit opening: Saturday, October 29, 2016, 12 pm during the Día de los Muertos Festival. Artist reception and dance, 6-11 pm.
Exhibition dates: October 29 – November 5, 2016
Pick-up artwork: Tuesday, November 8- Saturday, November 12, 2016, 10 am to 5 pm. Altars need to be picked up by Saturday, November 5, 2016 from 5-9 pm or Tuesday, November 8 from 10 am-5 pm.
How to Submit Entries
• Artists statement of 50 words or less - how your piece relates to this year's theme
• Artists may submit up to three different artworks to be considered (.jpeg format)
• For altars, submit/email an altar proposal and how it relates to this year's theme
• Incomplete submissions will not be considered
• Artists will be notified of acceptance by October 15, 2016 via email
• Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition
Delivery of Artwork
• • Artwork must be delivered to the Latino Cultural Center, 2600 Live Oak Street, Dallas, TX 75204 between Tuesday, October 18-Saturday, October, 22, 2016, 10 am-5 pm.
• Mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline
Friday, September 23, 2016
Friday, September 16, 2016